Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Benefits of Making Jesus 'Lord'


The Benefits of Making Jesus 'Lord'

'...No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.' 1 Corinthians 12:3
Making Jesus 'Lord' of your life means that He must have the first and l
ast word in all things which concern you. It means you are called to walk
with Him, to prove yourself valuable to Him, to please Him and do what
He wants, when He wants it, and in the way He wants it done. Here are
three great benefits that come from putting Jesus behind the wheel and
making Him 'Lord.'
1) When you don't know what to say, He will tell you.
'The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I may know
how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my
understanding to his will. The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have
listened. I have not rebelled or turned away' (Isaiah 50:4-5 NLT).
2) When you can't defend yourself, He will fight for you. '...The Lord is my
fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people
come to devour me...they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds
me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident'
(Psalm 27:1-3 NLT).
3) When the burden feels too heavy, He will carry it for you. 'Give your burdens
to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and
fall' (Psalm 55:22 NLT).
And these three benefits are yours when you make Jesus 'Lord' over every area
of your life.

Word for Today July 4th

This just ministered to me in a very big way, I was quite emotional when
I had finished reading it.  What a powerful message.  I am so thankful today
(day 191) for these three benefits without which the ladder of life would be so
much harder to climb.  Meditate on this message as I did.  It will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!