Sunday 29 July 2012

Taking stock....................

Happy Sunday!  Whatever you are up to I pray it is in an atmosphere of fun, love and laughter.

Waking, refreshed, to the sounds of................ well, nothing, to be honest, just tranquil quietness and a smiling sun.  The gite which is in a rural setting is beautiful and the family who own it most welcoming.  They built it by converting the existing barn on their large plot into a simple, stylish, light and open plan holiday home.  Monsieur Gaschet told us it took him two years to build and he must and should be proud of the result.  I have so much respect and admiration when people embark on such projects and actually do the toil themselves; it must be incredibly gratifying.  The biscuit coloured painted walls complement the exposed stonework perfectly; the pool, well Gracie and Aaron will happily report on that and the wine, well chilled (yes Di I brought a couple of bottles of my Villa Garducci........they might not have it in France)! 

It is good to stop, sit and just take stock of life and all it encompasses, to talk without interruption, to fall asleep where ever, when ever and not have to clock watch or set early morning alarms, just the simplest of pleasures in life are my heart's desires.................

Now I was not able to read my word for today yesterday as we were on the road so I sat to absorb it this afternoon and what a blessing it was.  Let me explain why it was even more of a blessing and a most poignant one.  I was having a chat with a friend of mine the other day about the complicated subject of  'forgiveness' and how difficult it can be to move on from hurtful experiences especially when we have, but there appears to be no repentance on the other side.

Forgive us...as we forgive..' Matthew 6:12
Let's clear up some misconceptions about the words, 'Forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.'

Satan will try to convince you that if your feelings haven't changed
toward the person who wronged you, you haven't truly forgiven them.
No, you can make the right decision and still have the wrong feelings!
This is when you need faith to carry you through.

You have done your part, now you are waiting for God to do His.
God has the power to change your feelings toward the one who hurt you,
and He will.

Another misconception is that all you have to do is make a decision
to forgive and then your job's finished. No, you are instructed to 'Invoke
blessings upon and pray for the happiness of those who curse you,
implore God's blessing (favour) upon those who abuse you...' (Luke 6:28 AMP).
You say, 'Bless them? Are you serious?' Yes. The word 'bless' means
'to speak well of.' You're extending mercy to those who don't deserve it.
But isn't that what God does for you? 

The truth is, you cannot truly forgive without the Holy Spirit's help.
So today why don't you pray, 'Holy Spirit, breathe on me and give
me strength. I forgive _____________ [name] for what they did.
I release them from this debt and ask You to bless them. I turn the
situation over to You. I trust You for my total restoration. Help me,
Lord. Heal my heart, in Jesus' name, amen.'
Now, by faith, leave it all in your Father's hands, move forward and anticipate
His blessing. You won't be disappointed.

I have read this several time, dissecting a little more each time.  I am so glad
I do not have to lean on my own understanding because things would just not
add up,but instead look only to my Father to explain things clearly and
succinctly to me. 

One of my favourite books of the Bible is the book of proverbs, the book of
wisdom and so my personal challenge during this summer break is to read it
again, a chapter each day will see me through a month.

Enjoy the rest of this blessed Sunday (day 216) for which I give thanks.






2 comments:

  1. Hello my dear friend! It's so lovely to see that you reached your holiday destination safe and sound, and that the kids are immersed in fun already! May this time together, be times of refreshing in His presence, and in each other's. Much love from all the Egans xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the 'fine' wine you brought along with you from england as you holiday in the wine region of france and hope you will continue to find a sense of understanding to complex nature of ourselves in the way we deal with our emotions.....xXx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!