Wednesday 5 September 2012

An analogy and a prayer................



When boarding a train you are sometimes given the option to leave your baggage in a 'left luggage locker or storage so that you can continue your travel without the burden of a heavy load, although you will of course have to pick your baggage on your return.  The choice is yours, but this service is not free.

Salvation is a bit like that.  We have the option to accept God's invitation to accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and leave our baggage at the foot of the cross as we continue with our life travel and never have to pick it up again.  Unlike the 'left luggage locker' you do not have to pay for this as the price has already been paid!  We just have to open our hearts and invite Him in..................

An analogy that I was privileged to hear tonight.

'Lord do what know is best for me, do what pleases you and brings your name the most honour.  Put me where you will and deal with me in all things as you please.  I am in your hand.  Turn me backwards and forwards, turn me upside down.  Here I am your servant, ready for anything'.............

by Thomas A Kempis

A prayer I read tonight.

I thank you Lord today (day 254) for inspirational speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!