Sunday 16 September 2012

Pet talk and allies!

"Mum, Dad, can we get a rabbit?"  Aaron has been on our case for months now, after his much loved hamster, Harriet passed away a couple of years ago.  He loves animals and if we were agreeable would have a dog or two now!  Every now and then the conversation rears its head about getting a rabbit and I have always been able to re-direct the conversation or stall him by not giving a concrete answer.

And so the conversation crept up on us again today and my excuses, well, they are wearing thin and with his Dad (who also likes animals, having grown up with them) as an ally I felt somewhat cornered ............ A trip the animal shelter this afternoon with Gacie (his second allie) futher wet his desire to have a pet rabbit.  What to do?  You see goldfish are the extent of my love of pets. 
Even the talk of setting up costs did not dissuade him as he thoughtfully announced that we could take the money from his savings.  He spent the afternoon researching hutches, feeding and all things rabbit. 

Our discussion continues. 

I am so in awe and thankful today (day 265) for my children's zest for life and desire to experience all the good things childhood brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!