Tuesday 11 September 2012

His Eye is on the sparrow......................

I came across some of my old praise and worship CDs from yonder years and I tell you my eyes did well up...................that's the thing with songs, they stir up emotions made by memories, good and bad, they take us back directly to the time......

This track by Deniece Williams, titled 'His Eye is on the sparrow,' brought back warm, warm memories.  I am so glad I found it although if it could speak it would probably tell me to 'change the record.'

Ponder as I did years ago and again today on each line of the lyrics, you will be greatly encouraged.

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Refrain

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Refrain

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

If you can, access it on youtube, you won't be disappointed.  Deniece Williams does it some serious justice.

I am so glad today (day 260) to have been blessed again by such a heavenly song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!