Monday 3 September 2012

Flexibility, a necessary part of the plan......

When I was leaving home for school this morning my crew asked me what time I would be back.  I confidently said that I would be doing a short day as I would be returning tomorrow for our second teacher training day (I am only required to attend one of the days).  That was my plan.  Well I clocked off at twenty to six..................... my plan didn't come to pass, but you know, that's absolutely OK.  I put in the time I had to in order to be my most effective when the kids arrive on Wednesday.  Tomorrow I will aim to be just as flexible with my plans, keeping uppermost in my mind my desired or necessary outcome(s).

It is good to have a plan / goal, but necessary to be open to be being flexible and even changing our plans in order to reach the end result.  I am thankful today (day 252) that I was.

The hottest topics of discussion during lunchtime were the 2012 Olympic and now Paralympic Games, but particularly the latter.  I have to say that as well as the multitude of inspirational athletes I think Ade Adepitan is a fantastic presenter- I like his down to earth, no airs or graces style of presenting as well as his obvious enthusiasm.  Reading his profile, he appears to be a great ambassador not just for the Games, but for the rights of people with disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!