Saturday 29 September 2012

We gonna celebrate and have a good time.............

I've heard of shopping till you drop, but partying till you drop is a new phenomenon to me.  Now let me qualify that.  I wasn't actually doing the partying, well perhaps just a little bit.  I must admit I bust my moves anytime I get the chance!  It was actually Gracie who was living it large today, three parties in one day (including her own disco party that she shared with a friend).  I was just her obliging taxi service.

I watched as she and her friends raced round harmoniously, bopping to the music, singing at the tops of their voices!  It is wonderful to be a child, carefree, happy, enjoying childhood as God intended.  I think it's a shame when all to often, as is the case in society today, children want to grow up far too quickly.  They are far too eager to enter into this world of adulthood.

Today (day 278) I gave a prayer of thanks as I stood by and watched Gracie and her mates simply enjoying the moment, a snapshot of childhood as I think it should be.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!