Wednesday 12 September 2012

We're all in this together!......................

I unashamedly broke into song this morning 'We're all in this together,' as I tried to cheer up my parallel teacher as, like myself, she was feeling a little overwhelmed and tearful with the task we have ahead in our year group.  I won't bore you with the details, but when I asked her how she was and she replied 'OK' in a quivering voice I knew exactly what she meant. 

Essentially we are starting from scratch..............  In addition there was a bit of confusion today over the organisation of a meeting with parents after school and someone from another year group changed plans and left us with extra workload we had not anticipated.  It was a case of the 'straw that broke .........,' you get my drift.

At school I do tend to sing through my feelings of being overwhelmed, of which currently there are many episodes.  Somewhat encouraged by my singing, tell a lie, by my words of comfort more than my singing we were laughing and dancing when the Head walked in and she proceeded to again tearfully express how she was feeling.  She apologised for such a display of emotion and was upset with herself for displaying it so publicly and thanked me for my support and encouragement which I said she could and should take for granted.

It is OK to not feel OK.  It is OK to be real.  It is OK to be overwhelmed.  It is OK to ask for help.  It is OK to receive comfort, support and encouragement.

Today (day 261) I am thankful that it is OK for life, at times, to be just OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!