Sunday 5 August 2012

Champions...................... all of them!

Sunday already, my how time flies!  Hoping yours has been and continues to be a happy one today.

The light rain earlier today has been most refreshing, after which the sun seemed to shine brighter than before; the beautiful potted plants and vegetable garden were most grateful for it I'm sure! 

We stayed in today and pottered around, in between catching up with the Olympics; I particularly enjoy track events, specifically the sprint races although I am partial to the swimming and gymnastics.  For me it is not necessarily about the winning (although I know for the athletes they have their eyes firmly fixed on first prize and rightly so), but the great achievement of being at the Games, that each athlete has accomplished - the culmination of hours, days, years of training, loyal support, sacrifice and sheer determination is to be highly commended.

We all have our goals / aspirations, I have a few though I hasten to add they are not Olympic ones!  The road ahead of achieving them definitely appears blurry at times, is certainly weary at times, uncertain too, but today (day 223) I raise my cup of tea to the 14,000 + athletes who are there because they didn't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!