Monday 27 August 2012

The great outdoors............. here they come!

I know my Ayo was thrilled it was a holiday today, having clocked around 400 miles over the weekend and even the damp, grey skies couldn't discolour his delight.  The lie-in was most welcome.

I had to chuckle at my boys today, well, actually Sam, as he and Aaron set off for a couple of nights camping with our fellowship youth group.  Aaron loves the outdoors and is a bit of a veteran when it comes to camping having spent several years as a scout and having only last week camped with a best mate in the garden.  Sam on the other hand is more like me and aside from being very much a homebody loves his creature comforts and was hesitant when it was time to leave. I do though, have total confidence that he will embrace the experience for what it is, a time of fun fuelled fellowship and bonding.  Gracie was counting down till their departure, they were probably doing the same ............... glad for a bit of R&R from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She'll feel differently tomorrow when she wakes up and her best buds are not here!

An impromptu, but welcome visit from friends completed a full on day and today (day 245) I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!