Wednesday 22 August 2012

Summer time and the livin' is easier!

I was busy doing some work when a tall, dark and very handsome husband arrived home a little earlier than he had anticipated and his arrival brought a wide smile to my face, even though he had only been away one night!  I can now lawfully send Gracie back to her bedroom tonight and not have to share (I use the word share loosely) with my girl who is prone to spreading out and taking up all available space in the bed, leaving me clinging for dear life......................  I do miss my husband terribly when he works away and have to busy myself to make the time pass quicker.  Busying myself is just what I continued to do today' 

The study is almost ship shape ready to receive all that the new term will hurl at it and it's been a thorough job, taking everything out of the enormous bookshelf, sorting, dusting and replacing.  My schoolbags are feeling lighter too (though it won't be for long).  I am not quite sure where the energy required came from having stayed up till 3.00am chatting to my boy Sam.  Actually my eyeballs are beginning to sting with tiredness now.

It is lovely seeing how much the kids are just enjoying their summer break, from the moment they open their eyes; spying on Aaron and Grace as they lie back to back on the trampoline, watching Gracie trying to be one of the gang when Aaron has his friends over and quietly telling her to give them space (I don't think she has quite grasped this concept yet)!  Watching them I am reminded of the first line of the song .........'Summer time' by Ella Fitzgerald;
                                                 Summertime and the livin' is easy (well it's easier than the fast pace that often accompanies term time).

Thank you Lord today (day 240) for blessing my children with carefree summer days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!