Wednesday 15 August 2012

Staying on task to get the job done!

Last Sunday someone 'thoughtfully' reminded me that there were only three weeks left of the holiday and how quickly the holiday was passing by.  I have to admit I was in denial at the time, but had to face up to it today when I had to succumb and knuckle down to some serious school work.  Before I could even begin to plan and prep for the autumn I had to sort through a year's mound of paper; Aaron will testify to that as he made the many trips to the recycling bin for me!  If I'm honest it is a task I don't relish because I know that it will be quite a task and although it took all day I have to say it was refreshing....  Since I was on a roll I I helped my hubby tidy his desk too.  Onwards and forwards with phase 2, operation 'get ready.'  I can see many more hours of grafting ahead, but it's necessary.

Certain things we do in life cannot be fast tracked or will yield a poor dividend.  Rather we must follow a step by step process, making sure we do not cut corners regardless of the apparent enormity of the task.

Be encouraged if you have some tasks you have set yourself and it feels like you are in the wilderness. You will get there!  If you find yourself flagging put on some inspirational music and look to the source of your strength, reach out to the Man who knows the tasks you have to fulfil before you do!  I  have barely dipped a toe into the sea of tasks in my little book but I am thankful for what I have been able to do today (day 233).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!