Saturday 4 August 2012

Oh my offspring.................

My Gracie loves nothing more than a morning cuddle and snuggle, all the more sweeter during vacation time, but her style of arrival makes us laugh.  Ayo and I have a kind of deal with her;  when she comes into our room in the morning if we are not stirring then it means we are still asleep and she should retreat.  Well at home she has worked out the floorboards in our bedroom that creak loudly enough to wake us up then she cannot be taken to task.  The little minx has twigged that as there are no creaky floorboards in our holiday bedroom she needs to employ a different strategy; hence the 'I'll stand at the door that I've just opened wide enough to allow the bright morning light to stream in whilst I cough loudly too!'  It sure worked this morning.

Continuing with my offspring, Sam is very taken to doing press ups at the moment, spontaneous press ups and today was no exception.  As we took our long walk we suddenly realised that Sam had dropped off our radar.  Where was he?............... face down on the rocky path doing press ups and Gracie promptly decided to take his exercise to another level by sitting on his back!

Sam continued to 'show off' with an impressive meal of stir fried noodles.  We of course thanked him by leaving empty plates and I washed up and tidied the kitchen for him!  He'll make a wonderful husband...............  in due course!

I am thankful today (day 222) for more heart warming memories made.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!