Saturday 18 August 2012

Fellowship, indoors and out............

I cannot recall how well I might have performed in the egg and spoon race as a child, but today all that was forgotten as I held my extra large spoon firmly and raced towards the finish line.  It was the finals of the ladies' race and even my shorts that were threatening to greet my ankles did not stop me from going for gold and a gold medal was my prize.  In fact the Aina tally was 5 gold medals not that we are competitive by any means!!!!!!!!!!!  Our Sam, who clearly had consumed more than three shredded wheat this morning managed to toss the wellie beyond the designated marker into a neighbouring garden.

A great day of fun was had by all as we gathered together to fellowship with other churches in a family fun day; praise and worship followed by a short sermon by a minister who only spoke French (his wife was by his side to translate) and interestingly enough he and his wife live in Angouleme, a town we visited a couple of times during our recent trip!  In fact they previously lived in the neighbourhood we stayed in when we went South last year.  What a small world indeed..................

In between the Olympic inspired games, sack race included, we took shelter from the sweltering heat under the shade of a gazebo and the children, who obviously are not affected by the heat practised for the 2016 trampolining event on the bouncy castle.

I am thankful to you Lord, today (day 236) for such lovely fellowship, indoors and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!