Saturday 26 May 2012

Cliche, I know, but take nothing for granted, but know that all things are a privilege......................

Out and about in the sunshine today we were listening to songs from one of the radio stations; it was disco week-end as a tribute to a couple of disco legends who passed away recently, Donna Summer and Robin Gibb.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am a devoted fan of the Bee Gees and so I have had conversations with my colleagues at school, including the headteacher about Robin Gibb in particular.  Now he and his brothers, Barry and Maurice are legends in the music industry as gifted singer / songwriters, having written for many big names in the industry and their influence spans decades.

Funny enough it wasn't this aspect of their lives that we talked about, but rather the impact their passing will have on their families.  For Barry Gibb, now the sole survivor of the four brothers; it's the simple things like speaking on the phone to each other, visiting one another, honouring birthdays, cliche, but the things we take for granted are suddenly gone.

It all comes back to the same thing, the one thing we all know; making the very most of our loved ones, each other, whilst we are able to.  I know I've said it before, but 'If you say you love somebody you've got to let them know about it.'

When my sister-in-law passed away in 2003 my mother-in-law said something profound, that has always stayed with me.  She said the one thing she was thankful to God for was that Foluke knew that she was very much loved....................... Just that!

I am very honoured and thankful to have spent today (day 152) in the company of my precious jewels and bumped into some other gems on our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!