Wednesday 16 May 2012

Standing on His promises

Do you get one of those days, you know, when you just feel weary, everything you want / need to do seem to take so much longer and is sheer hard work.  You keep going, drawing on every reserve you have.  Seriously, on such days I have to hold on tight to my Father and His promises.  That is all that sees me through..................

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

I was in need of encouragement and these bible verses were just the tonic

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.


1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!


Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Thank you Lord for reminding me today (day 142) that on days when my 'well' seems to be running dry I only need to go to you for a top up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!