Sunday 13 May 2012

When 'pride' is a good thing

More often than not I write my daily thoughts first and then think of a title.  But today was different.  The title came first!  Having tiptoed in and then out of our bedroom this morning early bird Gracie could not contain her excitement.  Today she would be taking part in her 4th annual dance show, a spectacular 3 hour display of everything from ballet to street!  First she had to to groomed to perfection and so a couple of hours later, with hair neatly contained into an exquisite bun, bag packed with costumes it was off to church first before heading for the theatre, where just over a week ago the Watoto choir had performed!  They had certainly left a heavenly aroma in that place.  Aaron, with two performances under his belt, and junior paracetamol in his belly soldered on, most excited although he managed to contain his.

Now I make no apologies for my absolute bias when I say they were both fantastically amazing.  I ginned till my jaw ached, from the moment they stepped on the stage until first Gracie's gaze found us and she waved to acknowledge our presence followed by Aaron's discreet search amongst the faces in the crowd, beaming when our eyes met!  Good pride is a good thing and today I was a most proud Mummy!

Children look to us for affirmation of who they are, in so many different situations / experiences in their lives and I am so thankful that today (day 139) gave me the opportunity to give my two just that.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!