Tuesday 8 May 2012

Every little thing's gonna be alright..................

There are things in life that lift your spirits and give you that 'every little thing's gonna be alright' feeling and today (day 134) I am thankful for such things.  Things like chatting at length to my little sister................... little?  She's nearly thirty ____, but to me will always be 'my little sister.'  Even when life is testing depleted reserves and you feel that you're functioning on empty there is nothing like a two-way pep talk to fill your tank again! 

We share honestly and openly with only one desire in mind, to build each other up so that any worries become less troublesome.  We encourage one another and pray for each others well being.  Our conversations always end with laughter, either when we reminisce of years gone by or remember the characters of Gracie & Ella (my niece).  If you knew them you'd understand. They are a source of constant joy and laughter, tonics to brighten any dull day.

You know I'm mushy and proud so enjoy these:

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."

Author: Isadora James
 
 
A sister is someone who is there and understands who you are. She will be there with you no matter what situation you have been through and going to hit in the future. A sister is your family, best friend, and your friend forever. She is the one you tell your deepest secret to."
Author: Gabby


"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."

Author: Amy Li

"A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I've got.”"

Author: unknown

"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."

Author: Linda Sunshine 

 
Heavenly Father you have been so good to me and blessed me with my Sade and I am truly thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other....
    .............carol saline......................

    i am grateful for my sisters...my safety net!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!