Thursday 17 May 2012

What a girl!

I stayed behind late at school to get some urgent admin done and make a start on my end of year reports.  It might seem early, but with much to do in the 9 weeks or so of the academic session it is good to make headway.  On arriving at home I had to do a few quick errands before returning to start on dinner.  As I sipped a much needed cuppa I sorted through the mail on the breakfast bar.  There, beautifully written in pink ink (my favourite colour), by my Gracie was 'I love you so so much Mummy.'  She wrote it and simply left it there and boy what a wonderful, joyful, gift.  She often writes me notes and love letters...........................................

My heavenly Father I thank you for the gift of motherhood.  This quote I stumbled across really describes my Gracie. 

              A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer. – Unknown


For every mother and daughter, there is a different and unique relationship. We each have our own distinct strengths and weaknesses, styles, interests, thoughts, and our often-amusing similarities. Nicole Mahaney Whitacre, writer

Today (day 143) I am giving thanks to my Father for my Gracie, my day brightener and heart warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!