Tuesday 15 May 2012

Keeping faith..........................

Over and over and over again God reveals a mega measure of who He is; the only one who can make the impossible possible.  Today (day 141) I give sincere thanks on behalf of friends of mine, for the miracle He has performed in their lives.  I am speechless and my dear friend is speechless, well almost and this doesn't happen often!  They had been praying for a breakthrough in a particular situation and I know that for them, as with most of us, keeping faith wasn't easy, but they knew they had to, in order to give Him the glory.

I really pondered on this subject of 'keeping faith' and this really ministered to me.  I am sure it will to you too!

How Badly Do You Want It?

...You have great faith! Your request is granted...' Matthew 15:28
Matthew records: 'A Canaanite woman...came to him, crying out,
"Lord...My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession"
 ...He answered, "I was sent only to...Israel...It is not right to take
the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." "Yes, Lord," she said,
"but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."
Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request
is granted'' (vv. 22-28 NIV). This Gentile woman was an outsider,
yet she pushed through and got what comfortable insiders often miss.
Talk about hurdles! First, Jesus refused to answer her. Next, He said,
'What I have is only for the Jews.' Finally He said, 'It wouldn't be
right to give the children's bread to dogs.' Most of us would have
walked away offended. Not her! She cried, 'Have mercy on me.' She
wasn't asking for what she deserved, she was crying out for what
she needed! As a result, Jesus removed every obstacle and answered
her prayer. And if you persist, He will do the same for you too. In
reality, this woman told Jesus, 'Let the children have the bread, all
I need are the crumbs.' Church folks become so complacent that they
neglect the bread, waste the bread, complain about the bread, and
sometimes don't even come to church to get the bread. But desperate
people pick up the crumbs and find life! They know that if there's power
in the loaf, there's power in the crumb. And when a crumb is all you
can get, a crumb is all you need. So what do you need from God today?
How badly do you want it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!