Monday 21 May 2012

Whirlwind Monday.........................

A whirlwind of a day today, early start, late finish.  In a couple of weeks I will be taking my year 4s on a week long residential trip so it was the information meeting for parents tonight.  It was well attended which is always a good sign and the children were buzzing with excitement which is also a good sign.  Such trips are always hard work for us mainly because we are on call 24/7 and this year there are children with particular medical and behavioural needs.  It is though a privilege to be entrusted with the care of precious charges.  For some of the children such trips serve as much needed breaks from their home environments and so we do pull out all stops to ensure positive memories are made.

For me it will mean a week without my precious quartet and I will find that a challenge.  My three will very much enjoy their one on one time with their Dad; Gracie will no doubt take charge where and when she can and totally wrap her dad around her slender pinkie!  Again special memories will be made that week between them....................

After the meeting we met as a team to get better acquainted, a necessary ingredient to ensure the trip's success.

Today (day 147) Lord I thank you for the energy and enthusiasm to sustain me through all I had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!