Friday 6 April 2012

"Abba Father"

Tired babes are fast asleep, I thank you Lord today (day 102) for my rested mate, now recharged after a heavy week of work.  Today we sang, mended, made new music, danced, discussed, made decisions and delighted in each others company.

On this poignant day I thank you Lord for the gift that you gave me which means each day I wake to spend in your presence and bask in the fellowship of my loved ones is a gift to me.  I continue to be humbled by Your Grace, Mercy and Faithfulness, a 'wicked' combination.  Jesus thank You for accepting my invitation to come into my life and reside in my heart.  Your acceptance of me, warts and all still over whelms me.  I am so proud to call you "Abba Father."

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’ it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ—if, in fact, we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him. (Romans 8:14-17, NRSV; cf. Gal. 4:5-6)

 “Abba” is an expression of intimacy. Once we’ve received the spirit of adoption and become children of God, then we’ve entered into an intimate relationship that that was unbeknown to us before. In a sense, we can consider the adoptive relationship between parent and child to be a closer bond than the natural relationship between parent and child, because no adoption happens accidentally. Adoption shows forth the will and intentions of those adopting, and that will and intention is to welcome someone into their family for the sheer joy and pleasure of loving another person. Our “Abba” has no ulterior motives or hidden agendas. His desire is to express his love for the world by enlarging his family.

by Nick Norelli (blog, Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!