Wednesday 4 April 2012

Pondering on 3; spring is in the air, our lives are shaped by our thoughts, 100 days of blogging

I've got a few things to share today I hope you're able to stop for a while.

I've got a feeling, the spring feeling and that can only mean one thing, deep cleaning anything and everything.  Well the weather did not beckon us out today so I thought I better continue with my mission; to whiten the whites, clothes and walls, say goodbye to winter cobwebs and make a list for tomorrow's spring tasks.  Mmm, I think we'll tackle closets.  Where does the desire to re-birth everything at the onset of spring come from?  All I know is that if you want to lose some pounds get spring cleaning.

Our lives are shaped by our thoughts, that was the message in today's word for today.  What a true statement. Once your focus is on something good, evil begins to lose its grip. Only by reprogramming your mind can you keep it centred on the right things. 'Don't let evil get the upper hand but conquer evil by doing good' (Romans 12:21) .  Satan can't get and keep your attention when your mind is given to something else. That's why Paul writes: '...Fill your minds with...good...' (Philippians 4:8).
                                                                                                                            UCB Word for Today

Today I am celebrating, 100 days of blogging and it feels good.  The sense of achievement is amazing; to have been sharing my gratitudes for almost a third of the year has required me to really focus on the daily blessings that only come from Him!  When I read through previous posts I chuckle at the variety of ways God has blessed me, mine, mine further afield and precious friends.  That's not to say that the last 100 days have been perfect days, but they have been days where I have tried to look beyond the imperfections, disappointments, hurts, mistakes and rather embrace all that is good about each precious day no matter how small.

Today (day 100) I am so thankful for these three things and so much more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!