Thursday 19 April 2012

Simple works for me................

I am thankful today (day 115) that it is Thursday, one step closer to the week-end when we can down tools and be a little spontaneous.  By default I tend to stay up late on a Friday night, simply because I know I can.  My school bag is put out of sight for a day, well, I can make Saturday last for a very long time!........  In fact thinking about it, all evidence of a working / school week is hidden so that I can fully embrace those most precious week-end days.  Breakfast can linger and merge into lunch which in turn can buddy up with dinner.  My Gracie will no doubt entertain us with her many changes of outfit and together with Aaron spend hours in deep conversation, laced with laughter, as they simply enjoy each others company.  We will invariably all fall asleep on the sofa at some point and enjoy an extra long session at the dinner table on Sunday.

The simple things in life amount to so much and really are the essence of who I am.  I thank you Lord for your bountiful store of gifts and blessings so perfectly packaged in my bundles of joy.

Not long to go now..................................

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and realized our blogs are very similar in purpose--though you seem to have had a clear vision for yours from the get-go, and mine has rather evolved over time. www.thankfulme.blogspot.com

    Today I'm thankful to have some of my children home visiting between college terms.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!