Sunday 1 April 2012

Inspiration when I least expected it............

A very sunny Happy Sunday to you all.  The city of Bath was even more beautiful in said sunshine today and I enjoyed a 4 hour wander as Ayo worked in the nearby council offices.  Now you know I love a good natter, to anyone and everyone who will afford me the time, so be warned.  Hee Hee!  My natter today was with James (well we chatted for over an hour so I think it's ok to be on first name terms) who was on duty at my first stop, an art gallery housing some limited editions works by the likes of Bob Dylan, Billy Connolly and Ronnie Wood as well as some by rising artists.  I was particularly taken by the work of Ronnie Wood; vibrant colours in oil on canvas that rocked and rolled like the Stones themselves.  One of the most stunning pieces they had there was a pencil / charcoal portrait of Audrey Hepburn, a sensual pose of her in all her elegance, by artist Simon Claridge. 

Any one who knows me will know that I love art with a passion and myself draw portraits.  For me it's the eyes that make or break my efforts.  James too shared that he was a painter and a new collector of fine paintings.  Our natter moved on to other topics, music and even teaching (he had considered becoming a teacher), but you know, I was, as a result of that hour's meeting, inspired to do something I perhaps should have done a long time ago.  James asked what I had done with my portraits and I replied they were just in my portfolio.  He encouraged me to get them out, frame them and exhibit them in my own home gallery.  That is exactly what I am going to begin to do, this Easter.  Too often we undervalue the works of our own hands whilst being in awe of that of others (this is absolutely a fine thing to do).  With my husband's encouragement, as always, I am going to search for frames and give 'my masterpieces' that were so passionately drawn, the finish they deserve.

My lovely gander was topped by a wonderful dinner with mine truly and can I just say he is even more handsome with the back drop of the evening's golden sunlight!

Today (day 97) I am so thankful to have received words of encouragement from a stranger that has reminded me to not allow the evidence one of my all time passions to just sit in a dark bag when they could be blessing someone, as I was today.  I am also reminded again of the power and impact words can have; build up or break down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!