Thursday 5 April 2012

History is good for us...........................

It always gladdens my heart when I catch up for a natter with mates; they are genuinely happy to see me and vice versa.  It doesn't matter if I don't see them often, rather it's the history we have with each other, history which means we pick up from where we all are, in the present and look ahead to the future.  Each time we get together, in the present, we are creating precious moments that soon after become our history, awesome isn't it.  We make history with different people in different settings at different times in our lives and our experiences, although not always positive ones do influence who we become in the future.  Such history is catalogued in our memories for us to call on when we need to, sometimes to lift our spirits when we are down or even to serve as reminders of past mistakes to never repeat!

I made some very special friends who supported each other through some challenging times.  We try to meet up when ever we can because we choose to.  I was so blessed and thankful today (day 101) to have been in the company of fine company, good food, in fact, very good food and fun, real fellowship, where we shared, encouraged, laughed and most importantly set the date for our next catch up. 

History is certainly good for us and I am so thankful for the history I have with The Lord after all He knew me before I was even formed in my mother's womb, He knows my past, is right here with me in my present and my future is in His Hands.  The complete volumes of 'me'!  What a mighty God I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!