Friday 20 April 2012

Go on........say yes!

Tell me you've all been in this situation; you know what it's like, you've arranged to go somewhere or doing something, ages ago, but when the time comes you are looking for ways to duck out. Well that was me tonight.  I had arranged with some friends to go to a 'sing- a- long a Grease (the movie) thing to,essentially reunite with my mate John (Travolta, to those who are not as familiar with him as I am).  Now I absolutely love the movie as I do singing at the top of my voice with no limitations, but after a busy as week, both at home and at school my pjs beckoned as soon as I walked through the door. 

I spent more far too much time trying to come up with reasons not to go, but you know what, I am so glad I did.  It is good to hang out and let loose every so often.  Clad with my Rydell T-shirt (no pom poms, I still have some limitations & my street-ish cred to maintain), I belted out some tunes with the best of them.  It was a really good night with an assortment of Danny Zukos, Sandys and the rest of the crew.

Today (day 116) Lord I am thankful that I didn't say no and was blessed by an evening of good fellowship and side splitting laughter. It was the same a few days ago when I was literally falling asleep on my feet and really needed an early night.  However I knew I would be blessed by the bible study at church and so summoned all my reserve energy and went................. the study was about discipleship and ministered to all of us present.  We discussed the principles of discipleship which I will share with you later.  The point is that I would have missed out on such encouraging teaching.  So take my tip when it's your turn, ditch the jammies and go, especially when you don't feel like it!

God's divine favour to you and yours what ever you have planned for the week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!