Saturday 28 April 2012

Treasures of my heart..............

Imagine my surprise or was it shock at waking up this morning and the time was nearly midday!  I was a little disorientated to be honest and all was reasonably quiet.  Hubby in Belfast, check, kiddies............. ?  Now I'm sure I've mentioned before that Gracie is more often than not the first up in our household, an early riser so my immediate thoughts were focused on her whereabouts!  Had she decided to join her brother in his room for an early morning natter.  However, no sooner had my feet awoken the creaky bedroom floorboards than the heavy galloping of my two babes came bounding into the room.

They had left me to have a lie in because they knew I had worked until late the previous night.  Together they had been playing together downstairs,  Aaron had taken care of a light breakfast (yogurt and milkshake) for them both and assumed the role of 'man of the house', well he is third in line!

What treasures they are, what a thoughtful gesture and timely too.  I felt much refreshed and ready to tackle the busy day ahead and for that I am truly thankful today (day 124).

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, how lovely and thoughtful of your two munchkins! A lie in is such a lovely thing when it's needed, and comes along unexpectedly! Today I am grateful for just the opposite! The productivity that comes with an early start while the kids are having a lie in! Hee-hee...:) Blessings to you dear friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!