Wednesday 25 April 2012

Rain rain you've come again, but we still got to play!

Now with the amount of rain we have this week it is clear to me that my summer sandals will have to remain in the closet a little longer!  At school it has meant that the children have not been able to play outside, but instead have had to amuse themselves inside with wet play games.  This is not by any means ideal because we like them to run around, get air into their lungs and burn off some energy.  Nonetheless I was at my desk, sipping a cuppa and couldn't help but be drawn to observe the banter and play that was going on.  In pairs or small groups they drew pictures (some for me), read to each other, talked, sang songs that we used to sing and made the best of the situation.  They were not perturbed by the fact that they had not been out to play once this week, nor were they grumbling.

Later on after dinner I watched my younger two playing snakes and ladders as it was too wet to go on the trampoline .  Now although Gracie has someway to go to understand the concept 'it's only a game' they played together harmoniously.  They too talked, sang songs and made their own fun, fun that continued through bath-time until it was their quiet reading time.

There are times in our lives when grey skies seem to hover far longer than we'd like them to but Today (day 121) I was reminded that God's goodness continues, even on rainy, grey days, we just have to be more creative, but no less appreciative.  After all we know that when the sun does make a post rain appearance a glorious rainbow greets us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!