Monday 2 April 2012

Out of my comfort zone..........................

My husband will tell you that I am not one to throw caution to the wind and just jump on a train to some where, but today I did just that!

He had to don his shirt and tie, ditching the more relaxed attire at the week-end, to go back to the council offices in Bath again today.  This meant I was left to busy myself for quite a few hours before we headed home.  Having truly worked my feet walking some 10 hours in total I decided to go further afield, to Oxford.  With a meticulously planned route by Ayo and regular check ins with him I set off armed with two, yes two mobile phones (one doesn't have credit, but can receive calls), a tube of hand cream ( a must for post toilet visits) and my purse.  I was surprised by how relaxed I was as I embraced my adventure.  Two and a bit hours later I checked in with the boss to let him know I had arrived.

Now I wouldn't say that I am the most whimsically adventurous, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I am a deep thinker so made great use of the time thinking about many things, including my Easter project I shared with you yesterday.  I enjoyed sitting, sipping tea whilst watching the human flow of traffic.

Go on, be like me and once in a while take a journey of discovery.  You never know what you might find.

Today (day 98)  I am thankful that I stepped out of my comfort zone and learnt new things about myself.  Now I'm off for a foot massage.  Where's my husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!