Monday 16 April 2012

Let the new term roll...................

I don't know why it is, but the night before a new term starts I lay awake and literally keep the stars company and join the birds as they sing their dawn chorus.  Last night was no different.  Nothing was particularly troubling me, I was prepped and ready to go.  I think part of this pre-school insomnia is down to the anticipation of what lies ahead, perhaps the enormity of all this last term of the academic session holds, my desire to run this last leg of the race with my pupils and help each of them to finish with a medal of sorts.  When I arrived at school the headteacher said he was thinking of me, awake as he was, at 3.00am!

Perhaps part of it is that as a teacher I invest so much sweat and toil into the lives of my pupils to try and ensure that at the end of the summer term each one of them leaves my care differently to the way they arrived.  The reality is that there are no guarantees that my efforts will yield dividend in all my pupils, but that will not stop me persevering.  If anything, this realisation means I will double my efforts.

It must, at times be a similar situation for our Father in heaven; how often is he restless when he looks upon us and yearns to see the fruits of His labour which appear not to be forthcoming on account of our stubborn nature.  The price He paid was not just a sleepless night, rather the death of His only son so that I may live an abundant life and leave the old one behind.  I could never repay His continual investment in my life, but today (day 112) I am so thankful that He won't ever give up on me.

My day at school was a blessed one, it was lovely to catch up with colleagues, laugh and share and now I say 'bring it on, let the new term begin'.................  Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!