Tuesday 24 April 2012

A privileged position................

Today has been something of a whirlwind, much to do and not enough time to do it all and a poorly babe too, but to Him be all the glory.

There is nothing more distressing than when your babies are poorly and today my Gracie was feeling a little under the weather; headache and temperature, but she didn't want to miss school at all! Her dad and I convinced her to stay at home, rest and see the doctor later. She cried and clung on to me and asked me to stay with her. I reminded her that her daddy would be with her. Still somewhat distressed I left her in the loving and most capable hands of her father and left for school. As you can imagine I had a most unsettled morning, but thankfully the nature of my job meant I was pretty occupied until lunchtime when I headed back home to see how Gracie was doing. Her delight at seeing me was priceless as was my delight at seeing that she felt a little better.

Being a parent is a privileged position that I am full of gratitude to have been appointed to. What other position in life would afford you endless kisses and hugs, unlimited admiration and love. Now I love quotes and could not resist sharing a few with you about this wonderful thing called motherhood and boy am I thankful I am one, three times over!

Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.......... George Elliot, English novelist
Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of children...... William Makepeace Thackeray, English novelist
A mother is she who can take the place of all others.................... Cardinal Mermillod
The strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws....... Barbara Kingsolver

A mother understands what a child does not say......... Jewish proverb
I am blessed and thankful today (day 120) for such an honour as that of being a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Children are a blessing! I hope your little one is feeling better soon. You might enjoy this video on motherhood: http://youtu.be/WbYLKVgwztY

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!