Saturday 14 April 2012

Lone time..................

I had to make a trip early this morning and somewhat still bleary eyed and to be honest in need of more of the good stuff (sleep) I set off.  Normally on such trips I would have the company of my crew, but today it was just me and my eclectic collection of cds.  One of the perks of lone travel is that you can raise the roof of the car by cranking up the volume to reckless heights and there's no one asking you to turn it down.  So that is exactly what I did.  I sang at the top of my voice, danced the 'car dance' (you all know that one, the side ways I'm restrained by my seat belt dance!) and you do not care about the unsavoury glances you are getting from drivers passing in the opposite direction.

It is wonderful to be in the company of your loved ones but it is also so good to have lone time when you can simply get lost in your own thoughts, something our busy lives do not often allow us.  Just as it is essential for husband and wife to spend time together, one on one time I feel it is essential to give yourself the same gift, to spend time nurturing yourself through spending time in fellowship with the Lord.  I certainly enjoyed the hour and a half of solitude and today (day 110) I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!