Friday 27 April 2012

keep calm...........keep going

Somewhat bleary eyed after only a smidgen of sleep I awoke and sighed heavily; it was going to be a long dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  I allowed my public face to sing ' hip hip hooray, it's Friday and soon we'll be having a mini holiday (in my books a week-end could be classified as such), but inside I was having private conversations with myself about how I would indeed do all that I had scheduled to do today, both at school and home.  It didn't paint a pretty picture.  One thing I've come to know in such situations is to 'keep calm, keep going and let God do the rest. 

Being in a state of constant gratitude really helps in such situations; I just found myself thanking God for everything: for the strength to wake up after only a few hours sleep; for my Gracie who made me toast as I scurried around before leaving for school; for my husband who despite several days of very little sleep (due to work deadlines) and a busy day ahead still took the time to make my morning cuppa and sandwich; for the teaching assistant who made my morning with her complimentary sentiments; for my class who made me smile all day and for my Aaron & Gracie who have decided to keep me company, in bed, in Daddy's absence........................so much to be thankful for today (day 123).

Today's schedule remains a rather long list with only a few items crossed off, but that's ok, tomorrow's another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!