Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sieze every opportunity to show you care............

I always like to seize every opportunity to hang with my husband, especially when he is working from home.  With my school being close to home this means sneaking in the as many lunch dates as possible.  To this end, this morning I didn't take my lovingly prepared lunch bag, instead I looked forward to coming home to have lunch with Ayo later on.

As you probably can imagine no two days are the same at school and I had to attend an urgent meeting at lunch time and as I tend not to carry cash to school resigned myself to an afternoon listening to a hungry stomach crying out for attention.  There would not be time to go home after the meeting.

It was such a lovely surprise when one of the admin staff presented me with my lunch bag that Ayo had brought to school during my meeting.  When he didn't see me at home and time was ticking by he realised that I must have been held up and so didn't want me to go through the afternoon having not eaten.  I called him to thank him and he apologised for making what he considered to be a boring sandwich.  Not so, my cheese and ham sandwich tasted more delicious than usual because of the thoughtfulness behind it.

This simple gesture kept me on cloud nine for the rest of the afternoon and I felt 'proper special'.  There are many ways, every day to show someone how much you care and today (day 114) I am thankful to have been on the receiving end, but also reminded to see and seize opportunities to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!