Tuesday 17 April 2012

Words of encouragement can be found in every corner.........

Following on from my post yesterday it was lovely to hear and see the children's enthusiasm about the new term as I collected them from the playground.  I lay aside my trepidation from yesterday and boldly went where I had been before!  We listened to a few choice tracks by 'The Police' and I, as always, gave them a little history lesson about them.  The day was a buzz of activity and we laughed and laughed in the afternoon as the children bounced on space hoppers during our PE (physical education) lesson, in readiness for a sponsored event later on in the week. 

What made my smile even wider was a comment a child had made later on.  Following our staff meeting I had to collect Grace from the after school club.  I was greeted by some of the children who knew me, although I had not taught them previously.  One little boy in year 3 piped up and said 'Mrs Aina next year I hope I am in your class'.  I didn't know who he was but his comment was the cherry on the cake to finish a lovely first day back.  It was a poignant comment and blessed me immensly, given my pre-school state of mind yesterday.

God just knows how to find direct people into our paths to bless us with words of encouragement at the time we need them most.  His timing is always perfect and it had the desired effect and today (day 113) I am indeed thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!