Monday 23 April 2012

crticism...............let it be constructive

As you know I am a big fan of UCB's word for today because I just love the way the bring the word in a way that can be applied simply to our daily lives.  I thought I'd share this really important message with you.  It would be fair to say that in our daily lives, at work and at play we are all givers and receivers of criticism, it comes with the territory!  We often talk about constructive criticism, but what does it actually mean?  Read this and be blessed....................
''...A wise person stays calm when insulted.'' Proverbs 12:16

How can you tell constructive criticism from destructive criticism?
By practicing these principles from God's Word:
1
) Resolve that whatever it is, you'll handle it constructively.
 'A wise person stays calm when insulted.' Angry responses only short-circuit
rational thinking and trigger emotion-driven reactions.
'If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise.
If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction,
you grow in understanding' (Proverbs 15:31-32 NLT). Always ask yourself,
 'Can I learn something here?

2) Consider the character of your critic. 'An honest witness tells the truth;
 a false witness tells lies. Some people make cutting remarks, but the words
 of the wise bring healing' (Proverbs 12:17-18 NLT). Is your critic trustworthy?
Are their words meant to help you? If so, appreciate them and grow wiser.
'Better to be criticised by a wise person than to be praised by
 a fool' (Ecclesiastes 7:5 NLT). Are their words intended to demean you
and damage your self-worth? Words that humble you have a godly purpose,
but words that humiliate don't; so reject them.

 3) Check your conscience. Paul wrote: 'My conscience is clear..
.It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide' (1Corinthians 4:4 NLT).
If you're in the clear, leave the outcome with God. He alone sees the whole picture.

4) If you are criticised because of your faith, consider yourself blessed.
'If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the
Spirit of glory and of God rests on you' (1Peter 4:14 NIV). Rejoice, your
life is pleasing to God.


Wow, this reading contains so much although I did find myself saying out
loud that 'My Heavenly Father sure has a sense of humour' when I read
the first line........ "A wise person stays calm when insulted".
I found I had to make additional notes in order to dissect
the essence of the message thoroughly in order for it to have maximum
impact on my life.  The cogs of the wheels of my mind revisited my own
experiences and it may be cliche, but the acquisition of  knowledge is a good
thing but the wisdom and ability to use it, a prize to behold.  Today (day 119)
I am so thankful that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to
complete it........... I am after all  'a work in progress'.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please let us all know what you are grateful for today!